2017 September Magento 2.2 was released. There were important updates to order configuration, google analytics and shipping however this article will briefly cover the security updates and shipping updates (for a full list of updates please visit http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.2/release-notes/ReleaseNotes2.2.0CE.html). The new magento security update addresses cross site scripting. The shipping update for Magento 2.2 has corrected a lot of the prior issues and expanded functionality. Even though it’s unlikely that these vulnerabilities will effect your site and the updates might not seem important now it is highly recommended to update to the newest version of magento as soon as possible.
Security Update- Cross site scripting (XSS) is when malicious code is injected into a trusted website. This type of attack can affect your customers and employees and potentially ruin your websites reputation. The new Magento update also expanded some of the basic functions of shipping those updates are list below. If you need help updating your magento shopping cart please contact us for a quote, prices typically cost between $600.00-$1400 and can take anywhere from 1-3 weeks to complete.
- UPS now generates shipping rates for Puerto Rico postal codes.
- Magento now displays tracking information when selected for the second shipping label created for the DHL shipping method. Previously, when you tried to display a completed DHL shipping label, Magento displayed an exception.
- Refreshing your browser page while on the Review and Payments page of the checkout process no longer clears information from form fields. Previously, Magento cleared information from the Ship to field if you refreshed your browser page during this process.
- You can now reload a page during checkout without unintentionally changing shipping information.
- You can now save the settings you enter when creating a shipping label on an existing shipment. Previously, clicking the Save button resulted in an error, and the shipping label was not saved.
- Added missing translation to label argument xml. Fix submitted by community member Mr Khoa in pull request 9095.
- Magento no longer throws a fatal error when you create a new shipment for a placed order.
- The State/Province field now changes to an input field as expected after you select United Kingdom when filling out the shipping address during checkout